Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The dream was always running ahead of me. To catch up, to live for a moment in unison with it, that was the miracle.

I have been pondering over the last few days on the subject of my first blog. I wanted to start with a fresh topic which can acquaint me with the blog world.

I rarely premeditate which is a mistake and that behavior made me enter to the blog world. I have decided to use this media as a way to express my feelings, achievements, anguish, dreams and whatever I feel like.

I still remember the day when I was in seventh grade and I asked my professor a question “What is god’s greatest gift to a human being?” She promptly replied “Dreams”. I was expecting a different answer from her like good education or good health. Looking at my puzzled face she continued.

Dreams create new ideas through the generation of random thought mutations. Some of these may be rejected by the mind as useless, while others may be seen as valuable and retained.

It’s not any day you can become a pilot or a doctor but you can dream everyday of being a pilot or a doctor. Dream big to achieve something big.

As a good student I entered into my own dream mode and then I heard a loud noise which got me back into reality. “Mahesh, Stop day dreaming and get back to your studies or I will break your knuckles”.

Well, getting back to the present I thought why I don’t publish my dreams or wishes as my first topic in the blog. Again after spending few hours I compiled my own list.

My Wish list/Dreams

  • A trophy wife
  • A large, expensive house.
  • A high-paying and exclusive job on Wall Street with a white shoe firm in corporate law, investment banking, or management consulting for a company like Sullivan & Cromwell, Goldman Sachs or McKinsey & Company.
  • Expensive luxury cars including certain SUVs, also yachts, and personal aircraft.
  • An expensive Swiss watch such as an Omega, Rolex or Patek Philippe.
  • Expensive clothes, like a tailored pinstripe wool suit from Brooks Brothers or made on Saville Row, a dress from Chanel, a cashmere wool sweater from Bloomingdale's or a trench coat from Burberry.
  • Country club membership, especially in a large town or city, where there are a sharply limited amount of membership slots.
  • Frequent luxury vacations, especially to foreign destinations that require extensive plane travel.
  • A marketable degree from a prestigious university, especially the Ivy League in the United States or Oxford or Cambridge in England.
  • Private education at an exclusive boarding school like Phillips Exeter Academy or Institute Le Rosey.
  • Expensive jewelry from a maker like Harry Winston or Tiffany & Co.
  • Expensive gadgets such as a large home theatre.
  • A fountain pen with rare Brazilian, Indian or African woods (e.g., ebony, mahogany) or made with precious metals from a company like Cross or Waterman.
  • Platinum, gold, silver and other precious metals in the form of bullion.
  • High-grade, natural pearls.
  • Rare jewels from a miner like De Beers.
  • Vacation homes (owned outright and non-timeshare).
  • Vineyards.
  • A personal steam-bath or sauna.
  • A home vault.
  • Access to private banking and wealth management services.
  • A humidity-controlled room devoted to Cuban cigars.
Do I hear it again “Mahesh, Stop day dreaming”?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the power of being dreamer. Till you achieve all this things keep dreaming.